LED light indicator on your PLDT Enterprise modem are (From left to right) Power, FiBR (DSL), Internet, WAN, Ethernet (LAN), 2.4G and 5G (Wireless Network), and USB 1 and 2 ports.
Modem serves as the main gateway of internet, in PLDT it varies from DSL, ADSL or Fiber type modems.
No internet connection in modem is usually caused by improper modem configuration, faulty wiring or a network downtime of internet service provider. Internet outage needs immediate restoration so we need to find out what it cause by checking internal network system, computers and especially firewall and modem.
Light indicator tells you see the system status of modem. It allows you to identify connection issue by looking at the light. You may see a no light, steady light or blinking lights in the modem. The color of light varies from Green, Orange or Red.
LOS or Loss of signal indicator may also be present in some brands of modem. It blinks a red light that tells you an interruption of network signal from internet service provider. In this type of modem, LOS or no internet connection status shows red steady light on Internet LED.
If you experience internet outage, it is important to check the modem light if it is blinking in normal condition. If not, try power cycling the device, check cables and see if it fix the issue.
To better understand PLDT modem light indicator, please proceed in this article.
What does PLDT modem light indicator means?
- Green Light On: The Modem power supply is good.
- Light Off: No power supply to your modem. You have to check the power button and power supply adapter.
- Solid Orange Light: Successful DSL line synchronization..
- Blinking Orange Light: Establishing DSL synchronization, it may take up to 30 minutes of synchronization attempt.
- Light Off: There is no DSL signal. Check the telephone cable if properly plugged into the modems port, check the telephone cable if properly plugged into data port of DSL Splitter. You may restart the modem, check if becomes solid light, if not, please call PLDT technical support hotline.
- Solid Green Light: light means there is Internet Connection
- Blinking Green Light: There is ongoing data transmission.
- Solid Red Light: No internet connection or LOS
- Light Off: No internet connection, check telephone cable if properly connected and for advance troubleshooting, check the broadband PPPoE, PPP login account configuration. Call PLDT customer service hotline.
- Solid Green Light: Active WAN port, check the Fiber Optic connection in the WAN port (color blue).
- Light Off: Unused or disabled WAN port.
- Blinking Green Light: There is ongoing data transmission from local computers.
- Solid Green Light: Active Switch, Router or Computer is attached.
- Light Off: Unused Ethernet or LAN ports. Check loosen RJ45 plugs and broken UTP wires.
2.4G / 5G
- Solid Green Light: Enabled Wireless Network.
- Blinking Green Light: Enabled 2.4GHz / 5GHz Wireless Network, there is ongoing data transmission from and to hosts connected to it.
- Light Off: Disabled Wireless Network, press Wi-Fi on and off button to activate or Login to Web-page configuration of your modem, check wireless settings.
USB 1 / USB 2
- Solid Green Light: Attached USB flash drive.
- Light Off: No USB flash drive.
While these light indicators tells you a brief information status of your modem, it is also suggested to report or call your ISP upon learning of an issue if you cannot fix it by yourself.
This PLDT light indicator is based from ZYXEL VMG3926-B10B modem. The modem is DSL type, for Fiber type modems, please see this post.